Welcome to my Blog.
I am a fairly new special education case manager and co-teacher at the middle school level.
I am always looking to improve my practice through research, other teachers, and my own discovery.
Co-teaching and case-management is a challenge because it is like having 2 jobs!
Education and Experience
I have a Bachelor of Arts in History and a Master of Arts in Education with a concentration in Special Education.
I am certified to teach history and social studies composite 6-12, special education K-12, and English as a Second Language (K-12).
I have taught for 18 years at many different levels and many different courses (some split- I taught 3 different subjects one year!)
- 6th Grade English and World Cultures as a Co-Teacher
- 8th Grade Reading as a Co-Teacher
- 7th Grade TX History for 2 years (Pre-AP and On Level) and 3 years as a co-teacher
- 8th Grade U.S. History as a general education teacher for 11 years (Pre-AP and on Level) and 3years (Co-Teach)
- 9th Grade World Geography and Biology for 1 year (Co-Teach)
- 10th Grade World History for 2 Years as a General Education Teacher
- 11-12th Grade Sociology and Psychology for 1 year
- 12th Grade Government for 1 year
- I also was a Head Coach of Varsity and JV Swimming and Diving for 3 years
I am hoping my site can be a place where co-teachers and case managers can share their experiences and discuss different problems, issues, and successes, as well as a place where helpful information can be obtained. I also plan on posting Co-Teach Lessons for 8th Grade US History, since that is what I am teaching currently.
Please visit my site again (I update 3 times a week) and share!